Wednesday, December 31, 2003

Hello all and HAPPY NEW YEAR! I myself am working this year. I figured it's better to MAKE money than to spend a ton of money like I did last year. Ended up get mugged too, so there was even MORE money down the drain.

I'm spending the evening with some of my favorite people though. Matt D. aka Tyrone, Eric, Luke, Holly, and my favorite people from Bizar Entertainment (if you need a DJ team...let me know...I'll hook you up with them, they're great!!) So the nights not a total loss. Although this is the start to a LONG rest of the week for me....but I'll be all good I can hang with the big boys :)

Now I'll share my theory on New Years resolutions. I think that they are an excellent way to set yourself up for failure. You put too much pressure on yourself, then end up giving it up in 3 weeks time (if you even make it that far). So my suggestion....funk the resolution. Do something for yourself cause you WANT to do it when you want to. Not just cause it's a new year. So set your goal low so you don't feel so bad when or if you fail. Like, paying an extra hundo to your Amex, getting your oil changed on time for once, or putting 5 bucks occasionally in your savings for once. It's all about doing stuff you need to do anyway, but better....not about losing 60lbs by June or meeting Mr or Ms right. Those goals are so WAY out there, besides, that all comes in time when YOUR ready not when the 'new year' hits. It's not a magical day, just a date on the calendar.

So for all ya'll out there going to party tonight...BE SAFE!! The trains run in Chicago from 8pm till 6am for only a penny so if you can't drive DON'T. And Matty P....you be safe too, I don't need my favorite high schooler in jail for public intoxication....no tub puking either, control the liquor intake! Have a great time! See ya Friday....hasta

0 Say what you will...: