Thursday, December 04, 2003

You know what sucks about working in a one horse town? You find people you would really like to hang with, but nothing in damn open later than midnight here.

Granted for NORMAL people this isn't a problem, but when you work in the restaurant industry it IS a problem.

I'll lay it out since I just made this public for those of you who don't know what's going on. I work at Bennigans, on Saturday nights I always make plans with fellow co-workers Holly and Luke (anything from movies to grabbing a bite and such). We hang, we laugh, we talk, it's, quite frankly, a great time. How many people can you talk about the 80's with in your car in a parking lot till 3am......

Anyway, here the problem, we work in a town that basically shuts down at the stroke of midnight. Normally were out by 9 or 10, so this isn't a problem...this week Holly is closing and we close at 11, the ealiest she'll be out is 11:30. It's really not late, but it basically ruins any plans of catching a flick or eating in town.

Now, I know what your thinking go to a local pub....well that's the kicker Luke is a youngin'. Love him, but he's not of the legal drinking age until Oct. '04. Besides, even though I can party with the best of them....getting blitzed after 9 to 11 hours of waitressing with nothing in my stomach isn't my idea of a good night.

My solution to this 'problem'.....Denny's. I myself can not STAND Denny's unless it's 4:30am I'm buzzed and I can just point to the picture of the food I want, but if I want to hang with my buds (and I do)...Denny's it is.

Luke suggests we go to his house, cause he lives in the area, but something about walking into a 20y/o's parents house with 2 chicks one 25 and the other 26 doesn't seem very comfortable to me.

Granted we're friends AND ONLY friends, just doesn't seem right to walk past the parents with a don't mind us were just going to watch movies......Why don't we go to Holly's/or my apartment??....well we live on oppisite ends of the planet from each other (I in Chicago her in the Northwest suburbs)

Denny's.....I've resorted to Denny's for a Saturday night. I'm not sure if that makes me a big loser or not, but I'm ok with that....the company will make it well worth it :)

.....I'll have the 'Moons over my Hammy' please......

0 Say what you will...: