Tuesday, December 09, 2003

Ok, ok, I'm a slacker. I haven't written in a few days, but no one really has the address anyway to want to read it everyday so who cares right?! Right.

So we didn't go to Denny's. Holly ended up not having to close, so Luke protested the Denny's excursion by offering to pay....so we went to Applebee's. I'm not a fan myself, but it works especially when your as hungry as I was by that time.

We laughed, we ate, we complained......all and all....great time had by all.

That was pretty much the highlight of my weekend. I know, I know.....I lead an exciting life, your jealous. The weekend ended with apartment cleaning, a visit from the P's, and dinner at Gino's East (the best pizza in Chicago!). Who wouldn't be wiped out after all that excitement!

Anyway, after work last night, I got home right around 10pm. I did the usual brushing of the teeth and washing up before crawling into the sack for some TV to put me to sleep. What I discovered however is the immense amount of crap there is on TV now-a-days. Not like this is something NEW, but it seemed to really fire me up last night and I really started thinking about it.

For one, Howard Stern should stick to RADIO. Who ever thought it was a good idea to put this trash talking overly hormonal geek on TV was an idiot as far as I'm concerned. I mean seriously how many times do I HAVE to hear this guy ask some chick to take off her top/pants/etc. NOW I have to actually watch the dumb chick DO it. (in squiggly censored vision that is) Mind you it's not like Howard is a looker either! There's a guy who went into radio for a reason!

Then of course there's the whole 'Wild On' show that usually comes on right before or after Howard intellectual hour. It should properly be called 'Drunk girls who take their clothes off and make out with each other'. Who watches this crap and thinks....damn I need to go there! Well besides drunk frat boys and girls looking to be in the next 'Girls Gone Wild' video. I'm always up for a good time, and trust me I've been drunk, sometimes to the point of the random flashing.....really who hasn't.....but I don't think it has a place on basic cable for cripes sakes.

I remember a time when you could NOT see this kind of thing on TV unless it was on HBO in the LATE night hours. Now there's sex all over primetime. And people as what happened to the innocence of or children....HELLO people it's called you let them watch crap like this! I myself grew up on 'I Love Lucy' re-runs and 'The Cosby Show'. Where my niece and nephew grow up with 'Will and Grace'.

Don't get me wrong, I really like 'Will and Grace', but I don't think it's appropriate for a 12 year old. Just like all the violent games and shows for kids. Seriously now, we had Duck Hunt and Mario and the Smurfs......they have Vice City and the Power Rangers.....Hmmmm.....I think someone had a screw loose when they make a game of stealing cars, killing people, and raping hookers for POINTS! Can't say I think that's ok at all, but I can say sometimes kids confuse reality with this "game" since everything is so life like now....and well they we end up with kids beating the crud or even killing kids cause they don't quite understand the consequences. They know it's wrong, but not sure why...hmmmm.....how about a little parenting and showing your kids how to use their imagination they haven't seemed to have developed because they are to busy numbing their brains with mindless/preverted/violent TV and video games.

Anyway, I'll stop that tangent....I'm sure in the long run someone will read this get mad and tell me I know nothing about how hard it is to raise a child since I don't have any....your right I don't. But I've taken care of enough, and I have a big family so I know a little something. Besides, they're just opinions, so calm yourself. This is my place to vent my frustrations.....get your own blog if you don't like it. :)

0 Say what you will...: