Tuesday, March 29, 2005

First of all lets talk about my birthday......

I took the day off...YEAH ME!....But I'm paying for it in the pocket book right now. Needless to say I think I deserve a day off once in a while so I took it. I spent the day shopping for a few do dads for myself. BELIEVE IT OR NOT I DID NOT BUY ANY SHOES!!

I did go over by the shoes....I did TRY ON shoes....I did not buy any. For anyone who knows me should know that's a pretty big feat for me to get through.

Anyway, I went home relaxed a bit and then prettied myself up for my birthday dinner. Tony came down from Chi-town and took me to Tuscany for dinner for my birthday. During our after dinner drink in the bar we started to watch the Illini game and before the first half was a quarter over we decided we should probably go back to my place to watch the rest considering Tony was rooting for Arizona. Good plan....

Within minutes of us getting back to my place Kivi Steve and Phil came over. Fat Kid brought the 'Grandma's Bar' shot glass for my collection...because he's a whore, but he did buy me a Blue Moon sign for my bar, so I can't complain too much. For a while it looked like just the five of us were going to be chillin' but by 8:30 Holly came and when the game was over Dan, D'Avis, and CarlMike (Kike or Marl) trickled in. Martinis were made, shots were poured, drinks were mixed....and drunkenness occurred (well, at least it did with me). Knowing I had to get up in the morning to meet the family for brunch was no match for how quickly I seemed to be drinking the Raspberry Stoli! Everything went well....until I called Holly a ditzy and she left in a tissy.

Party was over by 1ish....Dan and I went to bed, he laughed at me all morning when I had to get up and go to Wisconsin for brunch.

Brunch wasn't bad...actually the food was good. Would've been better had I not been hung over. But those are the breaks when your birthday falls the day before a holiday. I ended up snatching the bill...I don't make a lot of money, but I sponge off my family ALL the time so I wanted to pay. My brother had a pitch fit, but screw him. I left Wisconsin earlier than I usually would, due in part that my apartment was a disaster! So cleaning needed to be done.

Now the apartment in back in a somewhat of an order, and now I'm figuring out how to get my life that way. I did go visit and apply for college last night. Another good reason why it's a good thing Dayne and I broke up. He would have NEVER supported this. 4 days a week 6 to 11pm...then work Friday and Saturday nights....for 8 months, yeah right. It wouldn't have happened. But since I'm not in a relationship, and I have no one to please but me....I'm going for it. Admissions wanted me to start next week, but with commitments I've already made...I don't think that'll be possible. So May it is.

I think I'll look cute in scrubs :)

Damn that's a long post......thanks for the birthday wishes by the way to everyone that was kind enough to wish them....nice of you to think of me. For those of you who didn't, I'm sure it just slipped you mind, either that or you were just being jerks.....

2 Say what you will...:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm...was that a dig at Dayne for asking you about you party, but not wishing you Happy Birthday.

Just Dawn said...

A little one. I'm still a little bitter. Not like I expected him to call me on my birthday. I was aware he was out of town for the weekend probably with the girlfriend, but a hope you had a Happy Birthday when I did talk to him would have been nice. After all we are supposed to be working towards a friendship here. Will I hold it against him forever...no. One post...that's all. Moving on.