Friday, January 30, 2004

So today at work I had a revelation that my friend Luke would LOVE to work here at my office for one reason and one reason only. We talk in codes.

Now by codes I don't mean we have a secret language, I just mean we shorten everything we can. So does Luke. Luke shortens names like SJP (Sarah Jessica Parker) or food items such as the BBP (Brownie Bottom Pie). He'll even take everyday words and shorten them like the usue (is that even how you spell it?) instead of usual. Well here at work I came to the realization we speak Luke.

I was requesting a POD (Proof of delivery) online when Todd came to deliver RGA (Return good authorizations) while I was getting a request for an ETA (estimated time of arrival) on my voice mail. Oh MY GOD I thought to myself. I've turned into Luke and his abbreviated words. (not like it's just me this is common speak in the office)

I don't know why it took this long to hit me, especially since it makes me laugh so hard when Luke and Matty P shorten words like crazy, but now that it has I can't help but to giggle a little when I have to request a POD. TeeHee.

0 Say what you will...: