Sunday, November 26, 2006

Thanks for giving.....

So I went home for the holiday. Back to Pleasant Prairie. Where I've actually never really lived for more than a few months here and there. But it's REALLY close to where I did go to high school and what not so it's as close as I'm gonna get.

All started with the circus on Wednesday. I bought tickets for my mom, pops, the bro and his wife and kiddies to go to the circus on Wednesday night. It was drama since last week trying to get everyone there (aka, the first time that weekend I wanted to kill my brother) but all came all saw and by the end of it, this girl was BEAT!

Thursday morning I got up early, actually LEFT the sink full of dishes my rommie had left and got on the road. I stopped at the oasis to get the biggest coffee I could...thanks George for buying me my sanity for the day...and made it home by 10ish. Talked it up with the p's for a while, found out some bad news....my grandfathers, sisters, husband died (did you get all that?) Of course I didn't bring any clothes to a memorial service so I wasn't going to make it. My mom, aunt and brother went to represent our side of the family. Thanksgiving was great ... until my brother got there and irritated the hell out of me (aka the second time this weekend I wanted to kill my bro.) It's family shite I won't post on here, but HELL can he push my buttons. Things calmed from there, until my brother started gay bashing at dinner and I nearly lost my mind. (aka the third time that weekend my brother almost lost his life)....mind you he's not against gays, but for whatever reason he still thinks it's funny and I still want to punch him in the face whenever he talks like that. He's not just hurting me but other members of my family ... those who can and can't hear him.

That night I went out with Nikki, Tif *her cousin, Jim *Nikki's husband, and Stan...Nik,Jim, and Tif were already drunk when I picked them up....so we went to meet Nick at a bar in the Harbor where I proceeded to walk in with the only black guy. Ha! I love bringing the designated black guy! We had a blast as usual!

Friday was pretty uneventful day time wise. I did win a Coach purse...my sister entered me in a contest and I won, and mom and I went to lunch, but I was more looking forward to later that night. Dinner with Matt, and meeting with old friends. Little did I know ...

I talked to Matt around 2 and we talked about going to dinner around 7ish. So I got myself all pretty and was ready to go, 730...no Matt...I call, no answer...I leave a message...NADA. I fricken HATE being stood up! So I grabbed a bite at home and called Nick to see if he wanted to go out. He was nice enough to come pick me up and go meet where we were supposed to meet everyone else. Guess who showed...one person, and not one I invited...BUNK. So we stayed at this bar that would be really awesome up here, but was kinda dead down there. Funk this we'll go to the Tavern at least there we can pick the music.

That's where I was sitting next to a guy and he and I started talking about nothing. He suddenly tells me I look framiliar....so I ask him his name thinking maybe high school, maybe not. Well turns out it was 'sort of' high school. It was the brother of a good friend of mine in high school. It was so great to catch up with him and find out what his sister was up to. We exchanged numbers and I'll contact him the next time I come up. Nick even took me to the Spot at 3am for burgers. What could be better than burgers from The Spot at 3am? NOTHING I tell you!

Saturday was a BAD nite, but bad I mean I spent most of it sick in the washroom. I wish I could say it was hangover, but no such luck. Those I know how to cure. I woke up this morning sick as hell and drove home. Laid about for a while then did the laundry. Messed with my 'space' for a while, now I'm off to bed....

I hope all of you had a Happy Thanksgiving and got to see all the people you loved! I can hardly wait to see who I'll get to see at Christmas!!

0 Say what you will...: