Thursday, March 30, 2006

Reflection...

on the birthday.

Yes, this past Sunday I turned ANOTHER year older. Some don't want to admit stuff like that but I will stand tall and shout from the rooftops..... "I once again have turned ... 21?"

Shut up Kivi.

Well, I have to admit it was a good one this year. After getting my settlement check from a fall I had at Bennigans nearly 2 years ago I had a little extra cash. Since I've tucked away a couple thou....I thought why not by myself something nice.

I've always wanted nice jewelry, but never had the sense to actually date anyone who could afford my taste, so last Friday I went and bought THIS! Now it took me about 3 days to decide on this bracelet, but once I decided...I HAD to have it...NOW. I even when on my lunch break with a co-worker to go get it. It was a girlie mission ;)

Funny part to this story comes on Monday when my bestest friend Beth calls and asks me to met her for dinner. Fantastic, Beth's in town I'm THERE. We don't see as much of each other as we would like, so the moments we get we cherish. Now earlier in the week, I had emailed her about the bracelet and how excited I was. She thought I bought the necklace....and freaked a bit...why you ask? Because randomly at before I had even made my purchase of the bracelet, she had already bought me THIS!

I am SO Tiffany's right now with my 'collection'.

Now you gotta LOVE a best friend who knows you WELL enough to pick out a necklace for you not having a clue sometime later I was going to pick out the exact bracelet to match. That's LOVE folks. And I love her dearly....with or without the Tiffany's....

....but the Tiffany's makes it much shinier :)

I love you my dearest gal pal. You are the best through thick and thin you've been there for me through the last "years" of our lives. We've had some fun times (boating on the Chicago River), some hot times (Gibsons...or Eric's basement even) and some bad times (my 2nd time turning 21...) but all in all they have been GREAT years spent with you and I'm glad you were there to spend them.

You've proved yourself as a true blue (Tiffany's blue even) best friend and I'm lucky to have you. I hope I have only done the same for you. Kisses and love my dear. I owe you like 4 for this years gift. I'll have to think of something GOOD for the big ... 9th time you turn 21. ;)

1 Say what you will...:

Anonymous said...

I like shiny!