Wednesday, March 08, 2006

From the WTF files...

So my new roomie and co-worker Heather and I went out for lunch last Friday.

We went here. Nothing fancy, buffet style.

For those of you who have never been it works like this. You walk in there's a GIANT salad bar with everything you could imagine to put on a salad and then some. Well there's a line down both sides and you go down old school cafeteria style.

Once you have a seat there's all kinds of home-made soups, breads, pasta's, and even a dessert bar. Well, sometimes they get REALLY busy so they put up these signs asking you to wait to be seated. Not a large request, not even a hard one since they get you in and at a table pretty quickly for as busy as they are.

The guy who takes your money even asks very nicely if you could just wait a moment to be seated. Heather and I agree...so do the people on the other side of the line. But apparently they were too good to ACTUALLY listen to what the guy said and just went off and sat themselves. Now this could throw off the whole balance of things since the people who are seating others believe there's a table open but two dumb broads just took it so in reality there's no table.

BUT that's not even the icing on the cake people. Heather and I are seated moments later at a table that could seat four even though it's just the two of us. Really, we like it this way it gives us plenty of room to spread out and a place to put the dishes for the bussers to pick up.

Here's the kicker people. While were eating another table of inconsiderate rude people decide to seat themselves at a table kitty corner from us. This table had yet to be cleared from the people who had left it less than 10 seconds beforehand. So instead of calling over one of the 20 bus people. They decide to clear the table themselves.....right onto the table were sitting at.

Let me repeat that in case you missed it. On the table we're enjoying our lunch at these people decide to put someone else disgusting dishes.

Now it took me a minute to compute what had just happened considering I couldn't comprehend doing such a thing....and when it finally does click, I'm LIVID at the audacity of some people. Mind you if he would have asked if we minded if they set the things there since we had some extra room, I probably wouldn't have been so angry.

...extra angry means extra desserts you know (it's stressed spelled backwards so it really does mean that.) So I'm blaming that guy and his group of fellow rudeness on my extra 2 pounds this week....cause I can.

2 Say what you will...:

Anonymous said...

It's not their fault, they have more money than you, and the people who work there, so that means the have special rules.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Kivi.....but you know me D., I would have probably put those dirty dishes back on their table and I would have, by all means taken advantage of the extra desserts!!!!!! M.O.M