Thursday, July 06, 2006

Interesting ....

That's the only word to describe Friday night.

I couldn't wait to go home! I was meeting Beth for martinis that night. I called Stan to come with since he hadn't seen her in forever like I and we cruised on up to the Grill.

When Beth got there it all started well. Martinis flowing of ALL different colors. Red, Blue, Green, White, Pink...and so on. Alex our favorite bartender likes to ask you what your favorite color is and will make you the greatest martinis of that color. It's the best.

Now, I know Beth. Two martinis and she's pretty buzzed. I saw her starting her third and knew it was going to be a GOOD night. Beth's boyfriend shot down herself image a week or so before, so it was my night, and my duty as her best friend to make her feel better for a few hours. First was the dancing...and Beth and I can JAM, let me tell you. We know every more each other is going to make so we dance perfectly together and make each other look GREAT! Then she moved to her fourth martini....that's when it all got funky :)

Beth mentioned to me she should've 'had relations' with a certain bartender back in the day when she had the chance. I laughed, I know it's the alcohol talking and Alex is a huge flirt so I see where this is going. He flirts, she flirts. Rings are stolen ... she slipped him her number. I laugh knowing she's not going to remember doing this tomorrow.....and THANK GOD it's Alex and not some random jerk in the bar.

By the fifth, the drunk dialing started. She disappeared. I know Beth better, I knew she wasn't leaving. So when we went to go leave, I walked up to her car. She's on the phone, crying, talking to the boyfriend. She immediately hands me the phone telling me she can't talk to him. I answer, I get yelled at, and hung up on.

His damage was Beth was more than an hour from home and drunk. Like there wasn't 10 people there that wouldn't have let her drive home even if she wanted to. I knew she was crashing at my place already, DUH! Alex even offered to drive her home if she really wanted to go. She was of course not being rational cause the alcohol was talking, but I got her back to my place where she belonged.

She refused to lay in bed, and propped herself in my recliner. I made Stan and I some LATE dinner. Dirty rice and garlic chicken. I then threw him off to bed and sat on the couch for a few hours till Beth woke up.....HUNGOVER already. :)

There was a lot of why did I do that? And damning Alex for making such good martinis....then I told her about the phone number slip...and laughed at her. She felt bad, I thought it was great and just what the doctor ordered some time out with friends.

Hopefully she's doing fine. She attempted to think she ruined her relationship over all this. If this guy breaks up with her over a drunken dial, I told her, then he can go to hell. She deserves better and more than that.

All I want for her is to be happy. If it's with this guy, I'm happy too. But if I get treated like that ever again by this man, and see her that upset....someone might get hurt. :)

Call me Bethany!

1 Say what you will...:

Anonymous said...

In my defense, the martinis tasted like candy.
And I would also like to add that that is the first time in my life that I have ever drunk-dialed!