Thursday, February 12, 2004

Just so Luke doesn't keep yellin' at me about updating my blog....here goes....

First of all I heard from Kivi (in a prank phone call for collections to my work today)....his friends flipped a car and ended up unharmed so it had him thinking that's all. He's OK FOLKS!! Thank goodness.

Ok, so as I promised I'll let you all know why Valentines Day sucks. First it sucks when your alone. That goes WITH OUT saying. It sucks cause everyone is cutesy cutesy.....there's love crap EVERYWHERE you look....for no apparent reason ex's start crawling out of the woodwork to try and 'get back together' when it was stupid you even got together in the first place....everyone at work is getting deliveries and your desk lies empty...BLAH BLAH BLAH...those are obvious reasons Valentines is a crappy holiday. It big o' reminder you ALONE!

My theory on things though it that it also sucks when your with someone too. Why you ask? Well I'll be more than happy to tell you :)

I think people to TOO much hoopla around the whole thing! Girls say they don't want anything (but they do)...Guys have the pressure of obligation on them. They end up getting some stupid gifts for each other when in actuality they don't even want to. Basically here's the jist of it. If you can't get something for your significant other on Tuesday cause it's Tuesday and you feel OBLIGATED to do it on Valentines....your in the wrong relationship. Why in the heck do I want some guy to send me flowers (that die) and candy (that adds ten pounds to my hips I've been trying to loose since New Years) or some card you don't even REALLY know what it says but you picked it anyway because you just assumed I'd like it.

I would on ANY occasion have someone send me flowers to work on Thursday cause they thought it would brighten my day, rather than feel like they HAVE to get me something or I'll be mad. That's STUPID! I don't want someone walking on pins and needles stressing over what to get me or what I might say or if I'll like it. I'd rather have someone walking through the mall, department store, or cripes even the DRUGSTORE and think....huh I know Dawn would really like that...I'm going to get it for her. Gifts mean so much more from the heart than they do from the wallet. Remember that! Anyway, I'm leaving work in like 20 min. I gotta work! This was WAY quicker explanation than I wanted it to be but, at least no one can yell I didn't update! *cough*Luke*cough* Sorry ... seems I must have a frog in my throat. Later and Happy Valentines anyway! :)

0 Say what you will...: