Friday, December 28, 2007

What works for you....

I hate to say it, but this day and age everyone believes they're way is the right way. I've got news for you, what works for you may not work for everyone.

I've run into a lot of people lately trying to give me a lot of unsolicited advice. It's kind of annoying. People all make mistakes, some of us make more....but those mistake are what make us the people we are today. I know for sure I'm not very good at the 'personal decision making' as of late, but unless I ASK for your advice, please ... keep it to yourself.

I find it kinda cute and hilarious that the people giving me the advice are people who have either: 1, come from a family with more money than the Hiltons 2, never had a REAL problem in their lives 3, are complete hypocrites with their own advice or my favorite 4, just plain searching for my gossip to make themselves feel better about their pathetic lives. Note to number four, I can actually SEE you when you're rolling your eyes.

We all have problems people, the best growing experiences for all of us is digging through the trenches to get ourselves out of them. We get a little wiser, we grow up a little more, and it makes us look forward to what the future might bring.

The world has been more than trying my patience this year; as far as I know it really can't get any harder unless I'm living out of my car. Frankly I know too many people for that to actually happen. I'm looking forward to the new start; by the end of 2008 maybe I'll have a lot more figured out.

So that being said, here's my toast to the new year....

Here's to turning 30 in less than 3 months! May my 30th year be the start of something wonderful.

Here's to my family (including my friends which are the family I choose) for listening, loving, and understanding that sometimes I need to fall on my face HARD to be able to find the stubbornness inside myself to keep going.

Here's to those people who give me the unsolicited advice, may you find your advice to me more helpful to yourself, since I choose not to give up on myself.

Here's to you, yes you. You've been through your own difficulties this year, congrats for making it through them, in one piece on both feet, trucking along like the trooper you are.

Here's to me, for discovering ... me.

Good riddens 2007 ... Bring it on 2008, I think this year, I just might win.

0 Say what you will...: